Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Self-discipline

“Self-mastery builds a strong conscience. And your conscience determines your moral responses in difficult, tempting, and trying situations.” 
                ~Elder Russell M. Nelson “Decisions for Eternity”, (October 2013 General Conference), lds.org



“We also can be in the world but not of the world as we reject false concepts and false teachings and remain true to that which God has commanded.”
~Neil A. Andersen, “Spiritual Whirlwinds”, April 2014 General Conference, quoting President Monson, lds.org.


“Obedience makes us progressively stronger, capable of faithfully enduring tests and trials in the future.”
~Elder Robert D. Hales “If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments” April 2014 General Conference, lds.org.
motivational quotes lds (11)

“But if you listen to these things, as if from the mouth of the Lord Himself, … ‘the gates of hell shall not prevail against you … and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you.’”
~Neil A. Andersen, “Spiritual Whirlwinds”, April 2014 General Conference, quoting President Harold B. Lee, lds.org.


“Sisters, of all your associations, it is your relationship with God, your Heavenly Father, who is the source of your moral power, that you must always put first in your life.”
~Elder D. Todd Christofferson “The Moral Force of Women”, October 2013 General Conference, lds.org.
"Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble, but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off, and stride forward." Dieter F. Uchtdorf, October 2013 LDS General Conference


“Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off and strive forward.”
                ~Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf “You Can Do It Now” October 2013 General Conference, lds.org.


 “Do not become so absorbed with trivial things that you miss learning the doctrine and teachings of the Lord.”
                ~Elder Richard G. Scott “I Have Given You an Example ” April 2014 General Conference, lds.org.
"Shall I falter, or shall I finish?" -Thomas S. Monson

“Shall I falter or shall I finish?”
                ~President Thomas S. Monson “I will not fail thee or forsake thee” October 2013 General Conference, lds.org.


“A strong human spirit with control over appetites of the flesh is master over emotions and passions and not a slave to them. That kind of freedom is as vital to the spirit as oxygen is to the body! Freedom from self-slavery is true liberation!”
                ~Elder Russell M. Nelson “Decisions for Eternity”, (October 2013 General Conference), lds.org



“Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God’s approval.”
~Elder Russell M. Nelson, “Let your faith Show”, quoting Pres. Monson, April 2014 General Conference, lds.org.
                





|My Feelings|

The church follows the pattern of line upon line, precept upon precept. I believe further light and truth cannot be given until this concept has been grasped. So much rides on the ability to control ones appetites. This is one area I want to work on in my life so I can improve myself and my family’s life. These quotes helped me realize how much is truly impacted with self-discipline. You are more in control of your emotions and passions (mine being chocolate and peanut butter-a delicious but deadly combination), stronger conscience, moral power, more obedient, more faithful, and closer to God. I want to work on self-mastery in my life. Not only will I fit back in my pre-baby clothes but I will be closer to Heavenly Father and on the right path to make it back to Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment